About Romp n' Roll
Romp n’ Roll, a growing franchisor of children’s enrichment centers, with three locations as well as a corporate HQ in Richmond, seeks a unique individual to serve as Office Manager/Bookkeeper in our growing company.
If you have previous experience as an Office Manger/Bookkeeper, leadership skills, a strong work ethic, thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and are self-motivated we want to talk to you!
This position requires extensive problem solving skills, the ability to think quickly and calmly on your feet, and the aptitude to understand our growing company's needs and expectations. The position is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a big impact in team-oriented work environment.
You'll work directly with our two co-founders, while working with all members of the Romp n’ Roll management team in different capacities. This will allow you to gain exposure, while closely seeing the inner-workings of a growing company. You must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, keep on top of deadlines, and most importantly take pride in what you do!
This is a full-time position at our office in Richmond’s West End that offers health insurance benefits, holiday pay and paid time off. Employees with young children receive a free membership at Romp n’ Roll. Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
In addition to the requirements below, the ideal candidate is professional, friendly, and comfortable coordinating multiple projects in a small office environment. This position offers an opportunity to grow.
- Bookkeeping – 5-10 hours/week
- Process payroll and payroll taxes
- Record cash and make bank deposits
- Receive and record payments
- Conduct monthly reconciliations
- Provide information to CPA as needed
- Other miscellaneous bookkeeping duties that may be assigned
- Admin – 15-20 hours/week
- Provide general admin support to management team as needed
- Greet visitors
- Collect mail
- Answer phones and general emails
- Manage office supplies
- Manage filing/maintenance of documents and contracts
- Comfortable learning and managing various licensed software subscriptions, including Office 365.
- Serve as point of contact with our building and maintenance staff
- Other miscellaneous admin duties that may be assigned
- Technology Support – 0-5 hours/week
- Provide basic IT support for local operations
- Troubleshoot and fix minor IT problems
- Set-up new computers
- Understanding of VoIP phone systems preferred
- HR Support – 0-5 hours/week
- Post open jobs
- Receive and screen applicants
- Schedule interviews
- On-board new team members
- Maintain employee files
- Support managers as needed with annual reviews
2+ years relevant experience with the Key Responsibilities
Strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Able to handle process driven tasks
- Able to work cooperatively in a team
- A can-do mindset - There’s no task too big or too small you can’t tackle.
- You enjoy thinking logically on the best approach to solve a problem.
- Flexibility to be able to work in a small office environment that sometimes requires employees to work on something they don’t normally do.
- Great Excel skills
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, flexibly, and responsively
- Efficient and accurate in all tasks
- You must demonstrate that you match our core values: fun, service-driven, adaptable, positive and an effective communicator. The ideal candidate has at least 2+ years of knowledge and experience with QuickBooks in an office setting and a few years of experience with Microsoft Office. Very strong interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to handle several projects at once.
- Comfortable with technology - you are conversant in common software and platforms.